Board Meeting Highlights May 10, 2022
Irvine Agriculture Discovery Centre
Prior to the May 10th public board meeting, the media, trustees and Cypress County officials were invited for a tour of the new Irvine School Agricultural Discovery Centre. As part of the tour, officials were asked to participate in some of the chores students are responsible for at the Agriculture Centre including cleaning the goat pen, feeding the baby calves, collecting eggs from the chicken coop and working in the garden. The initiative is a joint school project between Prairie Rose Public Schools and program founder Nichole Neubauer of Neubauer Farms. Photos of the tour are available on the Prairie Rose Public School Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PrairieRosePublicSchools
Ralston/Redcliff Proposed Attendance Area Changes
The Prairie Rose Public Schools Board of Trustees approved the application for proposed changes to the Ralston/Redcliff attendance boundary. It was noted that the request affects the designated school attendance area for only a couple of families (who are already meeting a bus to Redcliff) and will have minimal to no impact on Ralston School, as the majority of land in the proposed area is leased and cannot be purchased. Attendance area requests come forward to the Board for review and consideration once each year, as per the Board Monitoring Schedule.
The PRPS Board approved the following administrative items:
- The 2022-2023 Board Monitoring Schedule
- Changes to the Board/Teacher Advisory Committee policy to clarify the maximum number of trustees that may sit on the board
The PRPS Board approved the following school field trips:
- South Central High School Grade 9 Field Trip to the Inter-Varsity Pioneer Camp in Rocky Mountain House from May 4-6.
- South Central High School Biology 20/30 Field Trip to Edmonton to participate in RiverWatch from May 11-12.
- Irvine School Grade 9 Field Trip to Cypress Hills (Saskatchewan) to Treeosix Adventures on June 17th.
Additional details regarding the board items listed above can be found in the May 10th PRPS Board Meeting Agenda package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qizqmwwXA33lf2f7Qqjvn75ZTGKrkTh5/view?usp=sharing